Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 22 Staying Current

This has been a really good learning experience for me. Sometimes overwhelming, sometimes challenging, sometimes even easy, but always interesting and intriguing. It has good pracitcal applications and I have already used what I've learned several times while helping people in the library.

To stay current, I want to make a notebook of the 23 Things. If I was an organized librarian, I would have started out that way, but I'm not, so I didn't. In my notebook, I want to log the different sites and skills that I've amassed and acquired with my own notes and login names and passwords, etc. That is what this blog is for? I still do better with paper, but the old way will help me with the new way. So I want to go through the 23 Things again. I want to set goals for myself and whittle away at the list. The 23 Things has helped me see what I do know and what I still need to learn. It'll be a curriculum that will constantly change and grow, but will keep me learning all the way.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to set this up for us. It was great.

2 comments:

Meg Canada said...

Great post Jan- I think that keeping paper and electronic formats is very valid. Do what works for you!!!

Toland back in HS said...

Did you get that widget figured out?