Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 17 ELM Productivity Tools

I set up an rss feed for new articles on smoking. I wasn't aware of this feature and can see where it would be very helpful for research papers, or any research in general.

I also listened to the first part of the NPR story on children's lack of sleep, but didn't see how to do the rss feed. Again, I didn't know it was possible and found it very cool.

I created a web page in Ebsco in Academic Search Premier. Found some articles and some photos and added them to my web page. I saved it to my computer.

I found the articles in Proquest about social networking and sent them to my friend Meg, who got me started on the 23 things adventure. I use Proquest a lot, but have never explored these extra features, so this really has been a learning experience for me.

I also created a netlibrary account and added a note to a page and saved it to Favorites and Notes.

All these things would be a great help to someone doing extended research. Also, very good for collaborations. A helpful thing indeed.

No comments: