Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 21 Beyond My Space - Other Social Networks


I went to Gather. I joined Ning, though I haven't figured out what I'm doing there just yet. I also joined Web Junction, which I thought was a great way to network with other librarians.

I uploaded a photo into my Ning 23 Things page and left a message for someone. I can't figure out how to add a widget, so that is my current obsession. I did manage to get the Ning badge into my blog.
I am a member of 2 online knitting communities, though I must admit to be a lurker. I do get great ideas and inspiration from them. It's also good to see the problems that others' have and how they are solved. They are just like my live and in person knitting group, but in cyberspace.
I checked out some of the other online communities, but didn't feel compelled to join anymore. I'll lurk at the ones that interest me for a while.
I'm going to consider this Thing completed even though I am determined to figure out the widget thing. All in good time, I guess.

No comments: