Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing 14 That Library Thing

I signed up for an account and added a few titles. I even included a link to this blog. I really do not like being this public. Anyway, this is similar to the My List feature that HCL has, or even the Book Space page at HCL. It's a great way to make lists for Reader's Advisory, and to see what others are saying about books. I did pick one obscure book that I love (Bridge in the Jungle by B. Traven) and did see that 23 others have it on their lists. I'll have to check them out sometime.

I keep a list of books in My Account to refer to for reader's advisory. I also refer to the HCL lists under topics I don't read so much. For example, I printed the list of historical fiction because I bombed that reader's advisory so many times. This would be a huge help in organizing books in various genres or topics to help readers.

No comments: