Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 19 Podcasts



Here is a link to the grammar grater from MPR.


It discusses words that are current and in the news, such as caucus. It seemed a relevant site for reference librarians.
I also managed to subscribed to the rss feed in my bloglines account.

I checked out the Gcast, when one could record by phone and podcast it into a blog, but I'm going to pass on that option.
I often listen to public radio shows via podcast, so am familiar with it, moreso than most of the other Things I've explored. I methodically did the same searches on each directory. I thought all of the directories were pretty easy to use, except for podcast.net. It consistently took longer than the other sites and found more garbage than the other directories, making me hunt for what I was looking for. I don't think I will be using that one again. I also didn't like the menu driven EPN and gave up on that one pretty quickly.

This Thing has not inspired me to do any podcasting of my own, though I already do listen to podcasts. I wasn't aware of the directories, so that is useful information.

No comments: