Friday, January 25, 2008

Thing 2 Web 2.0

Setting up this blog to participate in 23 Things has really taken me out of my comfort zone, so I guess it is a good exercise. Thanks to Meg for all her help in getting me up and running.

The articles for Step 2 were thought provoking. HCL has been doing enough web 2 stuff, that I can really see how much people love it. Bookspace is such a great interactive site and it's fun to see what folks have to say about what they read. I do IM Ref and that is also interesting. One man who was in the library asked me if there was a way that he could IM ref staff from the library's computers. I told him he could use the IM Ref, but there was no way to know where that librarian was. He seemed disappointed when I told him that he'd still have to walk over to talk to us. I can see that many people would rather communicate via computer than in person or phone. I get that this is changing the way we need to do customer service. So, I'll struggle on with the other 21 Things left to go. Thanks for the challenge.

No comments: